This website consist of 33 articles, 186 pages and 933 edits. Here you will find writings related to the schooling system and free learning. Most of the articles will be written incrementally. You can track the changes anytime.
Who is behind Pleasurable Learning
I am Guillem Palau from Barcelona, Spain (born 1987). My name translated to English is William Palace.
I suffered a lot in the school system. I wasted my potential. I may say more than usual as I did nothing better than repeating 3 times the same high school year, followed by studying multiple bachelor and master’s degrees in college. Now I do learn purely following my learn drive, which luckily survived all years of coercion and I am willing to put all efforts to put the Prussian school model to an end by making people aware of the slavery children are suffering in the school system by writing, podcasting, tweeting, researching, learning.
Help me dedicate my full efforts to the cause: Support
Incremental Biography is going to be an autobiography book written incrementally about my life and experiences with great detail and linking them to what is known to current research. I may sacrifice privacy for the shake of providing an example of what the school system can do to people.
Guillem interviews people with a whole range of learning experience, especially in reference to compulsory schooling, bad school habits, free learning, and the pleasure of learning.
Guillem shares his personal experiences and thoughts about a whole range of learning experience, especially in reference to compulsory schooling, bad school habits, free learning, and the pleasure of learning.
Videos about SuperMemo 18 software, focused on Incremental Reading. How to's, guides, experiments, opinions, heuristic recommendations, hacks, and more. SuperMemo is a great tool that lets you learn fast and retain memories. It ensures 95% recall of the learned knowledge for life. You can get a copy of SuperMemo 18 here.
I started the channel back in August 2020 from day one, that is, from the very first time I recorded my experience learning in public. After about 40 hours of use, I considered I had acquired minimum proficiency of Incremental Reading and I changed the style of the videos. Initially were just screen-cast of my raw experience and some recap videos.
Easier to digest and conveniently curated tips for understanding how to use SuperMemo for Incremental Reading. A mixture of text, resources, and videos from Pleasurable Learning SuperMemo.
contributor to End School Slavery: @SchoolSlavery
Contributor for translating the wiki to Spanish language.
- Account:Palace. Minor edits, mainly typos.
- Some anonymous anecdotes are mine, which I shared via email exchange with Piotr Wozniak.
Planned future projects and contributions
- Creating moderate quality sketches, memes and artwork for visual metaphors.
- Building a project to deschool well-schooled individuals i.e. helping them getting rid of bad school habits and acquire healthy ones.
- Translation to Spanish of relevant writings on free learning:
- Higher priority Supermemo.guru articles, which also are very extensive.
- Published books on the topic. That would be labeled as professional translating.
- Some of my own writings, including my biography once completed.
- Contributing to Wikipedia articles:
- Expanding and keeping up to date relevant articles to free learning.
- Translating Spanish education system(stub) to English
- Translating Educación Secundaria Obligatoria to English
- Translating Education in Catalan to Spanish
- Programs of education in the Catalan language exist today principally Andorra and the Catalan-speaking regions of Spain.
- Surprisingly, there is Catalan and English versions of the article but not in Spanish.