Tutoring sessions for SuperMemo
I offer one on one sessions for SuperMemo for Windows and everything related to it. You will find detailed explanations in this page.
Hours tutored so far: 150h
Schedule a session
See Contact me and I will provide my calendly to scedule a session. If you prefer using one service from your part, send it to me. Once you contact me I will send you my calendly.
Let me present to you different cases where I can help you:
- You start brand new to SuperMemo, Incremental Reading and Spaced Repetition in general.
- You start brand new to SuperMemo and Incremental Reading, but you used a SRS app before. such as Anki and you want to transition.
- You have started and discontinued to use Supermemo back and forth. Potentially because of its learning curve.
- You have been using SuperMemo at a basic level, and you want to take it to the next level.
- You want to learn something specific using SuperMemo: university, a language, scientific domains, history, etc.
- You want technical help with AutoHotKey scripts, setting a backup solution to the cloud, SM Assistant, etc.
- You have a battery of accumulated questions about SuperMemo you cannot resolve as of today.
- You want a fast track. In other words, convenience over time. I will save you time reading in the documentation, asking in the community, or even watching my own youtube videos. You will achieve a substantial proficiency in Incremental Reading in a short period of time.
Based on my experience, Zoom & Google Meet work best, spcially for latency. Zoom is a good option if you want to give me control over your computer (mouse, keyboard, etc). Discord is fine most of the time.
The session consist of a video call, usually sharing your screen and optionally your webcam. I usually use my webcam unless there are latency issues. I will adapt to you regarding the duration of session, or if you want to take breaks in between, etc. I strongly suggest contacting me before scheduling a session so we can set goals beforehand.
For extended tutoring I usually have a Notion shared with you page where we track your goals, tasks, questions, etc related to SuperMemo and free learning.
By default, I offer my services in English. I am fully competent in Spanish and Catalan, so we can use any of these three languages as a vehicular language.
Rate: For now the rate is 'pay what you want' in Euro (€). You may need to convert your currency. I plan do set a minimum rate in the future.
Payment methods: Depending of you country of residence, yo may prefer to use one method over the other because of fees applied or lack of availability.
- PayPal: rather high fees will apply at your or my side (you chose whose side).
- Ko-fi: fees will apply on my side. Preferable for credit cards and countries where PayPal is not available.
- Wire transfer: specially indicated for fee-free method if you live in the Eurozone (€). I'll provide the details in person.
- Wise: specially indicated for U.S. residents to pay for minimum or no fees. I'll provide the details in person. If you have to create an account, please use this link.
The hinge that will swing open the biggest door
I have been using SuperMemo daily for about 5 months now, and besides being part of an epic and super supportive SM community (discord), I know for a fact that I would not have been able to get this far if it wasn't for Guillem's tutoring. Those first few weeks of being exposed to the SM software and way of incremental thinking was very formative for me. And yes, there are large text opuses and manuals online that I could have read through on my own, but those were very intimidating. Furthermore, the SM user-interface 'was' also quite involved upon first sight by a total newbie like myself. What I love about Guillem's approach to SM tutoring is that he tackles the challenge in an 80/20 Pareto Principle manner. He focuses on that which will give you the biggest bang for you buck right now and that which will ensure continual growth of expertise into the future. The hinges that will swing open the biggest doors along your SM and IR journey. I highly recommend Pleasurable Learning's tutoring sessions for all beginners. Thank you so much Guillem!
Stefan Raath South Africa